We often welcome Spring with open arms and open windows. We breathe deeply and revel in the fresh air blowing merrily through our homes. Then we toodle out the front door to enjoy the flora and fauna.
However, before you play, prepare! This will ensure a long Spring and Summer enjoying the home you love.
I've got you under my skin!
- Check out your home’s exterior:
- How is the caulking around the windows and the doors?
- How is the weather stripping around the windows and doors?
- Get up on the roof – safely! – and inspect the roof for broken or missing shingles, or tiles.
- Please note that you will need a qualified roofer to inspect the following:
- Flashing around plumbing vents
- Clean the gutters
- Are the gutters loose?
- Are the gutters showing leaks or holes?
- Are the downspouts set to drain away from the foundation?
How does your garden grow?
- Pull out garden hoses and see which ones that are cracked or old and need to be replaced.
- Rake the layer of leaves off the ground to let the lawn breathe.
- Remove any tree limbs.
- Gas up lawn equipment.
- Charge battery-powered lawn equipment.
- Power wash vinyl siding and brick walls.
- Now is a good time to start planning out your spring landscaping ideas and lawn care maintenance regimen.
- Remember to check out the washed out / low areas next to the foundation and fill with compacted soil as needed.
“Well this car could be systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic…”
- This is one of the most important times to review your home’s major HVAC systems:
- Heating system
- Air conditioning system
- Replace air filters if disposable or clean air filters.
- You may want to have a service person do a check up on your air conditioning system now.
Put your whole self in and turn yourself about!
- Don’t forget to test your inside systems including the emergency systems:
- Home security alarm
- Fire alarm
- Fire extinguishers
- Carbon monoxide alarms
- Clean the windows.
- Clean off ceiling fans or “achoo!”.
- Clean out fireplaces.
Ready to get moving on this list and looking for some assistance? I can connect you with the resources you need – professional lawn maintenance providers, roofers and HVAC service providers. Contact me for help!
KDG Homes is there when life moves you!